Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's Day Fun

We spent the afternoon by #1 son-in-law Nick's aunt Rosie's pool. There were about 20 of us and the weather was perfect. Everybody brought a side dish to go with hamburgers and hot dogs that Art (Nick's dad) grilled. The hamburgers looked so great, but huge. I ate a "dog" instead with three salad sides. The perfect topping was the brownie and vanilla ice for dessert. Yum!

There was lots of conversation about the "baby on board." It was split fairly down the middle with men thinking it will be a girl and women thinking it will be a boy. Two holdouts were Alex and Raff who are siding with the ladies that it will be a boy. There's still lots of conversation about what the six grandparents will be called. I haven't decided what I want to be called, but I figure I have at least a year to decide.

Today I'm creating a delicious green salad with orange slices, pecans and champagne dressing to take to the Father's Day celebration. This was a request from Mr. B. Of course I thought about my dad all day. He would have enjoyed spending time outdoors with our extended family and good food. I still miss him!

No comments:

Post a Comment