Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A creature of habit

I never know what I'll see in the Heights. Here's
a tub of body parts for sale outside a shop.
I'm noticing certain patterns developing in my daily routine as I try to chill more and stress less. For example, on Tuesdays I like to review the Southwest Airlines email I get to check the flight prices to ABQ. On Wednesdays I like to look at the upcoming Houston-area estate sales that are posted on EstateSales.net. On Thursdays I look at the same website to see if more photos and/or addresses are added, and then I make a list of the sales that I might attend of Friday. Then on Friday I like to completely ignore the list I have made the day before and sleep late. Granted, every once in a while there is an estate sale that has something I really want (usually old fabrics) so I'll make an effort to go to check out the item(s). That's never at 9 a.m. when the doors open to many estate sales. If it's meant that I should own whatever I've seen, it will still be at the there  when I get organized to leave the house in the afternoon.

Now that I'm going to be a grandma (but don't call me that) I've gotten into the habit of looking at Etsy and Zulily to see if there is anything new that the McZam baby will need. Thinking about babies reminds me that my lovely niece Patricia and her husband Tom will be welcoming baby girl #2 today. Their daughter Catherine just turned one about two months ago. I can't imagine having babies that are 14 months apart, but they are so happy!

Today I'm creating revisions to a letter and attending an advertising meeting this afternoon. Good thing my meeting is casual. It's going to rain (again) this afternoon so I plan on wearing my rain boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment