Thursday, November 29, 2012

November 29, 2012

I drove myself today to met a girlfriend for lunch. I loved getting out of the house and catching up. After lunch I drove around for about 15 minutes. As I was pulling back into the driveway, I noticed the giant bald cypress tree at the side of the front yard. Every year, between Thanksgiving and Christmas, the tree sheds its foliage all over the yard and the roof of the house. It's nice for its "de-flowering" to happen sooner rather than later so the outdoor Christmas decorations don't get covered up. As you can see in the picture, the foliage is totally changed colors and is ready to leave the tree.

Yesterday I was also out of the house for a doctor's appointment. For the first time since the surgery, the boot and bandages war removed from my foot. The nurse took three x-rays of my foot, which all showed the screw that is holding the bone together. I was surprised at the size of the screw! The doctor was pleased with my progress. He re-dressed the incision, wrapped up my foot, and I'm back in the boot. Hopefully on New Year's Eve I'll be wearing a matching pair of shoes, even if they're only glittery flats.

Today I'm creating the draft of a newsletter article. It's finished and I'm now ready for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment