Saturday, April 25, 2015

My wish is that this little boy will grow up in
a world that is less quick to judge.
I've watched bits and pieces of Diane Sawyer's interview with Bruce Jenner, and have to say that I have so many emotions right now. I'm sad that Bruce has had to live a lie for 65 years. I'm upset that people think the interview was a publicity stunt. I'm happy that Bruce can be his or her "authentic self" now, regardless of what other people think. And I'm hopeful that people will learn to be more accepting of the differences in others.

I know that the paragraph I just wrote will be unpopular with some people who will question how I can consider myself a christian when I support the idea of transgenders. I think Matthew answered that question best: Judge not lest ye be judged (Mt. 7:1-5).

Today I'm creating time to recover from a very busy end of the week. Learning to be my authentic self includes recognizing the fact that my aging body can't do what I did 10, 20 or 30 years ago. It's not a weakness on my part, just a fact of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment