Monday, July 6, 2015

I made it

I arrived in SFe around 2:30 p.m. The temp was 64 degrees.
It was a long drive yesterday and today, but I made it to Santa Fe. The pic-of-the-day is where I'll hang my hat for the next week.

After I unpacked I had to run a few errands. First I went by Pettita Casita. The driveway gate was open so I got to sneak a peek at the garden. It is full of flowers and lovely! Sadly, I don't think the apricot tree is going to produce fruit this year. I think a late snow killed the buds again this year. Next I went to my favorite casual place in town for lunch. Newspapers in hand I sat by myself at a table in the corner and ate my sandwich. Then it was off to Target to get some supplies: a small FM/CD player and books (no television in the casita). Finally, I had to make a stop at the liquor store. I hope I have enough Diet Cokes and white wine for the week. The essentials.

Today I'm creating a client blog and answering emails. There is a tiny round dining table and two chairs where I have set up my office. Computer operating. Phone charging. iPad charged. Door and windows open. Soft jazz in the background and a glass of wine chilled and waiting. It's good to be in the high desert, if only for a week. I'm a happy girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment