Thursday, February 24, 2011

Feb. 24, 2011

Last night Dr. Mc (Kendall) came to the house to "hang" and we figured out the design for the table top I'm making for an upcoming auction. I didn't get a clear photo with my iPhone, so I'll tell you that the top is covered in beer bottle caps. Quite the creative project, especially for someone who doesn't drink beer. In fact, Dr. Mc and I were drinking champagne while designing.

The amazing Keith Crane made the top for me to decorate and has constructed an awesome metal base that will be attached once the top is finished. I need to remove all the bottle caps from the top and then glue them down in place. Once secure, resin will be poured over the caps, which will fill in the spaces and create a solid surface (I hope.) Then the top will be attached to the metal base.

Today I'm creating outlines for three websites I'm going to write, so I don't think there will be time for beading or sewing. Dr. Mc helped me match fabrics to use on several aprons. I'm donating aprons to two charity auctions in March, so I need to get cranking on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment