Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Feb. 22, 2011



My usual Tuesday meeting with a client was canceled this morning, so I watched History Channel programs about U.S. Presidents Andrew Jackson and Zachary Taylor. Very interesting. I didn't know much about either of them, although the story is that I'm related to Zachary Taylor through my mother's side of the family. But we know about family stories.


Yesterday I made bracelets from costume jewelry, combining the "pearls" from broken necklaces with vintage AB (aurora borealis) rhinestones. The AB crystals are faceted and have a special iridescent finish that reflects colors, aas a result of a very thin layer of metallic that has been deposited on the surface of the stone.













Today I'm creating a bag from gold and silver fabric. I want to try a new pattern. We'll see if I can get it done.
 


1 comment: