Tuesday, March 31, 2015

"If you can't do this, get out of the business!"

Dr. Mc and Big Daddy watching the performance of
The Suffers at an after party in NYC. He looks so proud!
I shed tears of joy last night as I watched Big Daddy and The Suffers perform on The Late Show with David Letterman. The show was taped earlier in the day and we had received text messages from Dr. Mc and Big Daddy about the performance, including Dave commenting after their performance, "If you can't do this, get out of the business!"

Not only did I enjoy the performance (I've probably watched it a dozen times already), but as Dave is congratulating Kam in the foreground, behind them I saw Alex (Nick's younger brother who plays the guitar in the band) turn around and walk to Big Daddy. They high-fived, fist-bumped, and had big smiles for one another. If Big Daddy could have jumped over his drum set I'm sure there would have been hugs between the brothers. Their parents were in NYC to see their sons perform. What a joy that must have been for them!

Today I'm creating a day of rest. Mr. Baby and I met Mitzie for breakfast. I'm trying to convince him that it's now time for a long nap, but he is fighting it. Such a silly little prince.

No comments:

Post a Comment