Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Lesson

This time last week I was feeling totally different than I do now. Because of all the nasty comments and names hurled at me, I was beaten down last weekend. What a difference a little time makes. I'm not only feeling better about myself, I'm also less likely to judge or criticize someone else.

For example, this week homeowners were interviewed about a developer who tore down a fence that was encroaching (by several feet) on his property. Then the true story came out. The developer had torn down the fence, before it fell down, but also offered to build the homeowners a new home that was within their property lines. The media downplayed that and instead focused on how a mean old builder (Goliath) was hurting the homeowner (David). I plan to do less criticizing, except when it comes to the vultures in the media.

Today I'm creating time to watch oscar-winning movies. Think I'll also do some house cleaning, but I'm not in any hurry to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment