Sunday, September 6, 2015

A quiet evening

A view of our fun room at Lone Star Court in Austin.
We made a quick trip to Austin and stayed in such a cute hotel. Lone Star Court is part of The Domain, which has about 100 stores. I loved the room and the location of the hotel. I walked across the street from the hotel to the shopping center to get a mani (just had a pedi before I left Houston). The salon was so impressive. I got an organic mani that was very nice. The mango sea salt scrub was moistened with the juice of orange slices. My hands and arms were so soft. People were drinking martinis and margaritas. When I mentioned that I would like a blow out, someone went next door to see if the hair salon had time for me.

We attended a wedding of one of Mr. B's co-workers and her partner. The invitation said the attire was "semi-formal, Austin style." Apparently that description was interrupted in different ways by people because there was everything from jeans to long gowns at the outdoor wedding.

Today I'm creating time for brunch with a longtime friend of Mr. B's who moved to Austin about 10 years ago. We ate at The Driscoll Hotel in downtown Austin. It's someplace where I've always wanted to stay, but don't want to spend the money. The Valencia Group, a hotel management group that developed Lone Star Court in Austin, also has Hotel Sorella in Houston Citycenter. Maybe after the wedding Mr. B will take a "staycation" there.

No comments:

Post a Comment